2017 reUNION Recap
Sales team members and supporting staff from across the US and Canada traveled to Palm Springs, California for the 2017 reUNION. This year was unlike any other year, marking the very first national sales meeting, bringing together the soft surface, resilient and residential teams! Set to the backdrop of lush gardens and picturesque desert mountains, the meeting was filled with learning, engagement and collaboration.
The North American sales team met with key leaders, business partners and colleagues within the organization to reflect on their 2016 performance and celebrate their successes, build a common understanding of our priorities and goals for the future, share best practices and collaborate and determine our path forward and how we’re going to achieve success together. All areas of the business were represented at the meeting and the sales team took in key presentations on branding, sustainability, and product development, just to name a few areas.
After an energizing day of conversation, learning and development, Wednesday night was capped off with an amazing celebration of our team’s accomplishments throughout the year. Each area of the business celebrated with an awards ceremony and dinner.
Tandus Centiva Awards
- Region of the Year: Mid-Atlantic Region – Kevin McGregor, Michael Albert, Greg Brunette, Rachel Cesario, Debbie Crowe, Neal Helm, Kristen Inghram, Paul Juliano, Rebecca Marple, Zach Mowers, Rich Padgett, Yvonne Pellegrini, Jigna Shah, Lauren Smith
- Sales Person of the Year: Jeff Newman
Johnsonite – Resilient Awards
- Balanced Choice Award USA: Charles Sardina, Ellen Wren, Laurie Malmgren, Linda Hinojosa, Robert Breen, Andy Green, Kevin Bunick
- Balanced Choice Award Canada: Tom Fulcher, Jennifer Nixon
- Team Partnering Award: Matt Barr, Shanna Ross
Tarkett – Residential
- Team Impact Award – Jason Baker, Rick Olson, Liz Marcello
- Trail Blazer Award – Randall Sheehe
- Rookie of the Year Award USA – John Mazzullo
- Rookie of the Year Award Canada – Jason Watt
One of the highlights of the week was an inspirational presentation by keynote speaker, Jon Dorenbos. Jon emphasized the importance of choice and openly shared his childhood tragedy. The take away message that Jon shared was to rise through adversity, set goals, no matter how high, and plan and execute these goals.
Another highlight of the weeks was a day of giving back to the Palm Desert community. The team completed projects at Coachella Valley Horse Rescue, Shelter from the Storm, and two locations of Boys and Girls Clubs of Coachella Valley — the President Gerald R. Ford Clubhouse in La Quinta and Frank Foster Palmer Powell Family Clubhouse in Coachella. They completed a number of needed projects, including:
- Building a porch ramp, porch cover and viewing area and installing two air conditioning units at Coachella Valley Horse Rescue
- Painting a number of surfaces and equipment, including murals, and installing flooring at La Quinta Boys and Girls Club of Coachella Valley
- Repairing and refurbishing landscaping, a playground and office spaces at Shelter from the Storm
- Updating landscaping with native plants, painting fences, the parking lot and basketball court markings, and installing new benches and basketball goals. Our teams left the week feeling engaged, empowered and excited by the plans and direction for the future as we continue to position Tarkett as a leader in innovation, customer experience and sustainability.
Our teams left the week feeling engaged, empowered and excited by the plans and direction for the future as we continue to position Tarkett as a leader in innovation, customer experience and sustainability.
Here is a photo gallery of just some of the fun that was had!